What a dream it was to tour the historic Smyre-Pasour house in Dallas, North Carolina. The home is circa 1847 and is a wonderful and rare example of antebellum Greek Revival architecture. The house is in need of a total restoration, but it is undeniably beautiful. This is a gem to polish, not demolish! We look forward to seeing how the new owners will honor the rich history of the home while bringing it into the modern age. Those doors though….swoon. The house is for sale through Preservation North Carolina.
- The Greenest Home is the One That is Already Built
- JOINED AT THE HIP: Letting Your Old House Tell It’s Story
- The historic dimension series – Historic rehabilitation in 3d
- The Historic dimension series – the case for saving historic movie theaters
- The Historic Dimension Series: Historic Aluminum Windows – FOILING THE MYTH